EmberArresta ™ Handy Hints
- Will attach directly to most gutter styles - OG, Half Round & similar are not suitable. Otherwise Install In-line the Downpipe
- It is a good idea to spray paint your valve, it can be any color you like. As always use a good quality product primer and apply 2 coats. (Avoid painting the sliding "green" seal inside the Valve body).
- Email or phone anytime for more information re Bulk Trade purchases or submit an enquiry.
- Ensure you use ample Adhesive when installing Valve or Adaptors to Ribbed or Patterned Downpipes / Downspouts.
- Before installing a Valve make sure you have enough elevation between the Gutter and any Water Storage Tank(s) you may have.
- Use Adaptors (Available from all Hardware Stores) if the Gutter Outlet is larger than the Valve or of a different shape. (Larger than 90mm round) or Square – Rectangle- Oval.
- The Gutter Outlet may be larger than the Valve (Larger than 90mm round) or; Square-Rectangle- Oval. Simply use an adaptor.
- The Valves can be fitted to Galv and other material type Gutter Outlets and Downpipes as well, again just use a good quality Adhesive and apply lots of it to provide a good Seal when fixing direct to Gutter Outlets.
- Use a clear Adhesive for the best looking dried finish.* Selection of some Adhesives;- Selly’s – All Clear- Sikaflex® – Fix AU– Fuller – Silicone Sealant- Viking – Silicone Sealant- Soudal T Rex- Silicone Sealant’ - plumfix Roof & Gutter Sealant.
- If you don’t have a height issue (Outlet to Water Storage) you could in some individual circumstances use a 75mm Valve(s) a (cut your own) Spacer and a 90mm Adaptor to fit to a 90mm Gutter Outlet(s).
- The Valve can be hidden or camouflaged with pot plants, hanging plants and pots, painted or behind a shingle or other ornament.
- Use a Stand-off Bracket / Wall-plate / Pipe-Strap or Saddle to Stabilise the Downpipe near to the Valve as possible.
- The Valve is UV stabilized and can handle direct sunlight, but for additional longevity painting the valve will help prolong its life..
- Use a small lock in the provided lock holes (In the green sliding seal) to help prevent accidental closure and practical jokers.
- Valve: Using screws for additional support when fixing to the Gutter Outlet – You can use any Self-Tapping screw or Tek screws preferably with “O” ring.
- Always place a “dob” of Sealant over and around the screw heads.
- When attaching Optional Heat Shield, once positioned, the Clamps need only be tightened firmly. (No need to over tighten).
- The Optional Heat Shield(s) can be attached by rotating the Clips so the Shield can be fixed (tightened) from the front. If however there is enough room between the Fascia & Valve, the Clips can remain in place and be tightened as is.
For more information download our selection of PDF Documents from the Home Page.
Protect your Family & Property from Bushfire Ember Attack
Don't Wait Until it's Too Late - ORDER NOW
If you have any questions please call us on 0400 196 106 or complete the form below and we will contact you asap.
As a retiree living in Tee Tree Gully i love the trees, birds and occasional visit from koalas and kangaroos but the worry of bush fires during the hot months has had me on the roof blocking and flooding gutters two or three times a year, the new EmberArretsa Valve fitted to either the gutter outlet or downpipe makes this sometimes dangerous task simple and safe to use from the ground, i have recently had a hip replacement and can still help to protect my home..
Tee Tree Gully, SA